What caught my attention about nhow hotels
is the architectural design of the hotel buildings.
The 1st nhow I booked
was actually the 2nd stop of my trip -
nhow Amsterdam Rai.
After I booked with nhow Amsterdam,
I decided to search for other nhow chains.
That's how I found nhow Berlin.
my 1st stay on this trip
became a brilliant 4-night stay in a River-View Room
which sits right by the beautiful, serene Spree,
that offers a gorgeous sight of Oberbaum Bruicke right from my bedroom window.
The hotel is only a 1-2min stroll to the Berlin Wall.
Its direct neighbor is the Universal Music Studio office.
There are endless choices of restaurangs and food stalls near the metro station,
which is 10min walk away from nhow.
It took me a 20min or so walk to see the Molecule Man sculpture
which sits on the other side of the Spree.
And as a health-food fan,
the nearest natural foods store Bio Company is but a 10-15min stroll from nhow,
it is on Skalitzer StraÃe.
You'd get to walk through a very lively neighborhood in Schelsisches Tor.
My favourite things about nhow Berlin were:
- there is a professional recording studio in the building;
- you can borrow electric guitars during your stay;
- I can take granny smith apples from the shelf opposite the reception;
- there is an enormous adult-sized candy dispensor ball at the lobby;
- the self-serve store is also at the lobby, you can grab cool drinks and snacks, and salads and sanitary products there;
- the elevators are all differently themed by music genre, which has a playlist in each elevator stall according to the assigned genre;
- The river-front entrance way comes with a silver chrome food-truck;
- There is a concert stage in the lobby;
- the Bar is circular, Star-Wars style, has a very plasticy film-set look;
- the gym is fully equipped and has a fridge filled with water for you to use;
I used the gym every night, and no one was there.
nhow Berlin has a retro rock n roll vibe in its design,
it gives off a I'm-super-cool vibe.
I always felt the design made me feel out-of-place when I walked in and out of there.
But I eventually ignored that feeling, and felt quite at home with being there after a few days.
It was definitely fun people watching there,
some people dressed in outrageous costumes, probably had just left a stage performance or about to get on stage for a gig or a TV show that was shot there.
This nhow hotel kicked off my trip with the coolest bang.
I will 100% come back and stay here on my next trip.
The location is prime and unbeatable as well!
âAnd the view is fantastic!
Find me on: